Mini dental implants are a smaller and more versatile alternative to traditional dental implants. At about half the diameter of their counterparts, mini dental implants can be used in situations where other implants cannot be placed. They are perfect for narrow spaces, for anchoring bridges and dentures, and for patients who have lost bone mass in their jaw. With mini dental implants, specialists have opened the door to a whole new world for patients who were previously ineligible for this type of treatment.
Mini dental implants are most commonly used to hold full sets of dentures in place. Four to six mini implants are inserted into the jaw and act as a base. A full bridge is then snapped permanently into place. Because mini implants are so small, an incision is often not required, and if it is, it is very small. This means the procedure is minimally invasive and eliminates the lengthy recovery of other implant procedures. Patients who opt for mini dental implants are able to eat the same day as their procedure, even when the procedure is used to replace a full set of teeth.
Why Choose Mini Dental Implants?
Mini dental implants are extremely versatile and can be used in situations where a patient has been previously told they were ineligible to receive dental implants. Dental implants specialists might recommend them to a patient for several reasons. Because mini dental implants don’t require as much jaw mass for support as traditional implants, they can be used on patients who have been missing their teeth for quite some time.
Their small diameter means that mini dental implants can be used to fill small spaces. Some patients have tiny gaps, either because their teeth are small or because their teeth have shifted. Mini dental implants are only 1.8 millimeters in diameter, which means they can go where traditional implants cannot. They are also very useful for anchoring partial dental bridges in place.
Some other advantages of choosing mini dental implants include:
- Minimally invasive – The incision to place a mini dental implant is extremely tiny, which means less post-procedure discomfort and a faster healing time.
- Fewer trips to the dentist – Because mini dental implants can be placed in one visit, they require less overall time in the dentist’s chair to maintain.
- More patients are eligible – Patients who previously thought they couldn’t support implants are eligible for mini dental implants
- Can replace one tooth or all teeth – The uses for mini dental implants are so vast that they can be used to replace just one tooth, a few teeth, or all of your teeth.
- Often a more affordable option – Mini dental implants Las Vegas are often an affordable alternative to traditional solutions, reducing the cost by as much as 50% in some cases. Because mini implants are less expensive, more patients can choose to stabilize their loose dentures or replace their dentures entirely.
- Comfortable – Mini dental implants are extremely comfortable. The rubbing, sliding, and pinching of removable appliances will be a mere memory.
- Ease of care – Every mini dental implant Las Vegas treatment is unique, but you will care for your new teeth by brushing and flossing twice a day, and by visiting your dentist twice a year. There are no extra steps.
Mini Dental Implants Can Stabilize Dentures
One of the biggest complaints among dentures patients is discomfort and the fact that their dentures make them feel just as self-conscious as they were before they replaced their teeth. Dentures can slip and slide around the mouth causing not only pain but also severe anxiety. Nobody wants their dentures to pop out of their mouth during a party or other social gathering. For this reason, many denture wearers suffer alone. But mini dental implants can give you a new outlook on life. The implants can be used to anchor a full set of teeth into place. Your new teeth will not only stay in your mouth, but they will look and feel far less bulky than traditional dentures.
Are Mini Dental Implants Right For Me?
Only your dentist can help you decide if mini dental implants are the right course of treatment. The dental implants specialists at Dental Implants Las Vegas will work with you to help you understand the nature of your tooth loss and will develop a plan that helps you restore your smile in a way that suits your lifestyle. After a complete exam and evaluation, even if you’ve been told you aren’t eligible for traditional implants, our dentists may be able to find a mini dental implant solution for you.
Contact Dental Implants Today
No matter what your oral health situation, our specialists are here to help. Affordable Dental Implants understands how sensitive tooth replacement issues can be. That’s why they develop individualized treatment plans for each patient to help them achieve the smile they’ve always dreamed of. Your options are not as limited as you may think. Contact us today to find out more about mini dental implants.
Affordable Dental Implants
Affordable Dental Implants is the leader in inexpensive Dental Implants including All-On-4 Dental Implants, Mini Dental Implants, and Teeth In A Day. Our friendly approach and genuine care for our patient’s well-being is what makes us the most popular Dental Implants specialists.